Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Communion

My friend's daughter took her first communion this morning.  This is a very important milestone for her and her family and I wanted to make the perfect card.  This was the first time I really got to play with my new Big Shot and it was fun!  I'm pleased with the end result and really had lot of fun making it.




It's hard to tell but the top portion of the dress shimmers as I painted it with Liquid Pearls.  ( I tried to make it special as I knew Gracy would be wearing a brand new white sweater handmade for this occasion for her by her mom.)  I coloured the shoes black and then went over them with a Glaze pen to create a shine to replicate the look of Gracy's black patent shoes I knew she'd be wearing.For the skirt I overlaid it with vellum and added some details with the Liquid Pearls. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to look!


Products used: 
cardstock, ribbon, dew drops and vellum-
from my stash, 
pearlized cardstock-AC, 
Liquid Pearls, Copic Markers, Sakura Glaze pen, Nestabilites, Cuttlebug embossing folder

2 comments:

Margo said...

gorgeous card - might be my favourite card of yours!! well done!!

Gigi Lamboy said...

So gorgeous. Where did u get the little girl from? I love it!