Friday, November 18, 2011

Zombies!

OK, this is definitely not for every 8 year old girl, but my son has a dear friend for whom this is perfect!  In between scrapping I've been sewing like a mad woman to create Felt Zombies for Gracy.  Gracy is like any other girl her age who isn't so much into Barbie, but prefers Monster High dolls (think Barbie but with names like Lagoona Blue and Frankie Stein - and the looks to match!).  She appreciates things like zombies and werewolves.  When we we in the local craft store and my son saw a book on how to make Felt Zombies he knew exactly what Gracy NEEDED for her birthday.  And thus, the Zombies were born.

Each takes anywhere from an hour to 2.5 to make.  I enlarged the patterns to about 150% so each is about 4 inches tall.  They're all straight forward and for the most part pretty simple to make.  Although, getting some of the exact beads and findings can prove difficult.  Just be creative and flexible and it'll be great!

And as everyone knows if you have pet zombies, you need a coffin to keep them in...right?  Of course.  So now we rope in my husband.  Dad comes up with plans and now Dad and Son are busy in the garage creating the perfect coffin - but not just for the zombies.  Dad realized that Gracy's Monster High dolls would be very happy to have a coffin to sleep in and share with some Felt Zombies.  So the coffin is re-sized so it will be roomy enough for everyone, complete with latch and handle.

The party is tonight and I'm absolutely bursting with anticipation!  I'll try to get some photos of the birthday girl to share!  I'll let you take a look now at what she's getting:

 The Perfect Gift!

Thanks for taking a look at my Zombies!  
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Margo said...

Everything turned out awesome!!
I bet Gracy will love them!

Dawn said...

Nice work done by all. Are you selling them now?